Mental health is so incredibly important, yet is the most over looked aspect of overall health. Clean eating and exersice are a peice of the puzzle, which is why the other sections are important, but there is more to it than that. Self care is a big part of mental health.
-Disclaimer: We are not medical professionals. If you have a mental illness, our suggestions may help, but are not a replacement for proffessional help-
What we mean by self care:
Self care is different for everyone. It can simply mean taking 2 hours a week to yourself. Or it can mean sitting outside for 20 minutes a day. It could also be going to bed early. You could also get your hair cut, or get a massage. It can be modified to your needs and budget.
We suggest daily meditaion for at least 10 minutes a day. There are many great apps out there. Our favorite paid subscrition meditaion app is Headspace and our favorite free app is Aware.
Other things that often help in taking care of your mental health:
- Yoga. You can find many videos on YouTube and there are many apps. We use the Yoga Studio app which cost $4.99
- Tell yourself, out load, something awesome about you each day. Extra credit for writing it down where you will see it often
- Get out in nature. It can be calming and very relaxing to get out in nature. That's why we love hiking.
- Write down something good that happens each day. Bonus points for keeping it in a place you can see.
- Clean eating greatly helps our minds. Eat as clean as possible to keep your mind happy and healthy.
- Exercise will make your mind as happy as it makes your body. It's not a cure all, but it helps a lot.
- Keep a consistent sleep schedule.
- Don't neglect your social life! Don't have one? Put yourself out there so that you can start building one.
We will be adding more information soon! Please check back for more resources.